Sunday, February 27, 2005

Suspicions Confirmed!

Surely you've experience the frustration that comes from calling "customer support" for anything. Likely you've hung up the phone exasperated over the useless time you spent dealing with "service" representatives. "That has got to be one of the stupidest people I've ever dealt with!" you thought to yourself.
Now CNN confirms this suspicion. They need software to tell them when the customer is upset. Excuse me, but I've always been able to rely on conversational skills to tell me the mood of the other person, even when I'm talking on the phone. Are these people so shut in that they don't experience conversation with people outside of taking service calls? They need a computer screen to tell them that the person on the phone shouting, crying, swearing at them is upset?
I've always suspected that a leaden intellect is a prerequisite to have a customer service job. Now I know it's true.

No comments: